RansNet develops complete hotspot solutions for enterprises, public venues, retail F&B, and hospitalities. RansNet product families include hotspot infrastructures (mbox), security (mlog) and management platform (mfusion), which offer complete hotspot solutions for any type of customers, ranging from the world’s best airport, prominent tourism places, banks, up to many 5-star hotels, hospitals, and large F&B chains.
RansNet solutions deployed across Singapore alone is already supporting more than 2 million Wi-Fi user logins daily, and together with global deployments, RansNet empowers thousands of Wi-Fi venues, enables secure hotspot access for millions of end users, while allowing venue owners to fully customize their branding and maximize monetization opportunities. In addition, RansNet product’s open architecture can integrate with any external standard products. The mbox gateways have been deployed in tandem with many 3rd-party wireless access solutions, leveraging on mbox superior access control capabilities, customisable CMS-based portal templates, and flexible user authentication options.
Together with RansNet super-tenant mfusion platform, which allows both customers and service providers to monitor and manage massive mbox deployments through a single cloud console, the end result is an end-to-end cost-effective wireless hotspot solution that's able to meet most needs of end users, venue owners and solution partners. Headquartered in Singapore, RansNet was started in January 2011 with initial funding from Singapore National Research Foundation and further invested by private fund in 2015. The company has been growing more than 50% YoY consecutively since its establishment.
RansNet mBox - Your Own WiFi Captive Portal / WiFi Monetisation / WiFi Advertising Server
- Host your own mBox (locally/remote)
- Branded Splash Page - Use your own Logo/URL/Domain
- Multi Tenancy
- No Monthly Rental Per Access Point
- WiFi Captive Portal - Facebook/Twitter/Email/SMS login
- Data Mining Great For Marketing (social media login)
- WiFi Ad Pushing/Promotions, in session with timer options,
- Professional Design templates easy to modify/changeable
- Multi VLAN = Multiple Captive Portals for different customers
- No Extra Costs - all you need is the mBox
- Compatible with all Access Points, no need to change hardware
- From 50 upto 25,000 users/devices supported
- QOS bandwidth limitation
- Multiple WAN (PBR) policy-based routing
Case Study - HotSpot Solution for Retails n F&B | S.A. Brain Wales,
In Vehicle Hotspot solution
m Products Family - mPowering Enterprise and Guest Wi-Fi Access with Complete HotSpot Solutions
Captive Portals | Landing Page
Wi-Fi User Authentication
POS Printer integrated
4G LTE Integrated*
Machine to Machine (M2M)
Encrypts business Transactions
BGP & VRRP
Links to any WAN
Collect Security Access Logs
Alarm for Attacks
Report for Compliance
Manage HotSpot Configuration
Monitor Real Time Status
Alert for Faults and Thresholds
Report for Historical Performance
In the mbox product family include below series of offerings:
- Cloud Managed Gateway (CMG). CMG is designed as an integrated gateway for enterprises networks, with router & firewall & Multi-WAN Link Balancing all-in-one device, saving costs for procuring multiple devices, while enjoying maximum performance and reducing point of failures.
- HotSpot Gateway (HSG). HSG is designed to allow venues to provide internet access for guests and visitors, supporting fully customizable login portals (or captive portals) with built-in Content Management System, together with extremely granular and flexible user access controls.
- MAP (mbox Access Point) is a lightweight & high performance AP with advanced wireless capabilities.
Secure and Fast
As a technology vendor of strong networking fundamentals, we have developed the mbox with robust networking and security features, being a perfect gateway appliance for any sizes of enterprise networks.
- Support 3G/4G/NGBN/Ethernet DSL/PPPoE WAN connectivity, and multiple-WAN link balancing
- Come with multiple GE Ports, high performance, up to 20 Gbps throughput (depending on model)
- Support IPv4, IPv6, Static routing, dynamic routing (OSPF/BGP), policy-based routing
- Integrate with stateful firewall inspection and Virtual Private Network (VPN) protocols, such as IPSec, SSL, GRE, L2TPv3.
- Support redundancy or High Availability (HA)
- Control guest and visitor access with built-in Captive Portal, User Access Manager (UAM/AAA) and dynamic bandwidth management.
- Logs user access for security audit and forensic investigation
- Seamlessly integrate with mfusion for plug-and-play deployment and cloud management & monitoring
Providing free guest Wi-Fi no longer a cost to businesses anymore. Be part of our advertising network using mbox to allow advertisers to push relevant advertisements to your guests and enjoy revenue from it. Best of all, it remains to be a fully branded experience for businesses.
mBox Advertising Platform - Monetize your wifi
Earn revenue from each Ad pushed
Native Ads pushed to devices
How does it work?
- Guests log on to public Wi-Fi and are greeted by a branded captive portal
- Guests choose the login type and authenticates with mbox
- Upon authentication, an advertisement is pushed to their device
- Business owners earns for every Advertisement pushed into its guest network
Your Brand & Your Choice of mbox Login
mBox HSG has a built-in RADIUS server that provides user Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) to allow guests to access the Internet. As such, mbox HSG series is capable to support a large variety of login options to provide maximum convenience for guests yet maintaining accountability for business owners. The most commonly used login options are:
- Wi-Fi voucher printing through mbox certified printer
- LADP/AD integration with HSG RADIUS
- CRM integration with HSG RADIUS
- Social media login or "Like" Page for Wi-Fi
- Self registration
Who is mBox suitable for?
- Telecommunications provider
- Wireless service providers
- Retail chains
- Educational institutions
Integrated Router, Firewall, Link Balancer, HotSpot Controller,Captive Portal, AAA server and many advanced networking features built into one powerful industrial appliance.
More Guest Bandwidth, Dynamically
Industry's first on a hotspot network appliance. mbox is capable ofdynamically adjust the Quality of Service (QoS) according to the logged on users and bandwidth of Internet connection to provide the best guest experience. In addition, supporting extremely granular QoS control options, varying guest experience according to business needs. Overall, mbox supports the follow QoS methodologies.
- Network-based QoS assigns total bandwidth (min and max) for a network or VLAN
- Application-based QoS assigns total bandwidth (min and max) for a particular application
- User-based QoS assign total bandwidth (min and max) for a particular user. A “user” can be identified by user ID, a host (IP) or MAC address. This feature is only supported on HSG.
Data Analytics: Know Your Users Better
From rewarding regular guests that frequent the network to limiting those network abusers or even charge a fee for data used. All these are only made possible with mbox HSG series' RADIUS capability. Businesses are able to extract such important information easily from the mfusion console for analysis or marketing purposes.
Moreover, being able to identify the peak periods on the guest network means business owners can run specific promotion during those periods and increase service revenue.
Multiple VLANs, Multiple Portals
mbox as a powerful gateway itself can support hundreds of VLANs, and each VLAN can activate a hotspot instance (access controller) and map to different captive portal page with different user access controller, etc.
Some service providers can host one central mbox and provision each VLAN for each customer to provide different hotspot services to different customers.
Built-in Content Management System (CMS)
mbox HotSpot Gateway GUI allows customers to self-service to customize their own captive portal landing pages, based on pre-selected templates.
HOTSPOT GATEWAY FOR GUEST WI-FImbox hotspot engine empowers user Internet access with granular controls, using built-in RADIUS server for both local and external authentications, and maximizes user experience while meeting venue owners' business objectives.
ROUTER, FIREWALL, LINK BALANCERCMG integrates router, stateful firewall and Multi-WAN link balancing capabilities into a single powerful appliance with maximum protection and resiliency at Internet perimeter.
CAPTIVE PORTAL WITH CMSmbox comes with extensive set of portal layouts and configurable features to meet flexible branding and security needs, together with web-based CMS to customize landing page at fingertips.
LOG EVENT MANAGEMENTmlog collects all security logs, alarms for anomalies, stores for long-term retention, searches with intuitive web GUI for forensic investigation, and auto reports for compliance audits.
Wi-Fi MONETIZATIONmbox captures user profiles and contacts for data analytics, redirects to target landing portals, generates group campaigns, and streams live ads, mPowering venue owners to monetize from free Wi-Fi networks.
MANAGE IT FROM CLOUDmfusion enables seamless remote monitoring and management of all RansNet appliances (mbox and mlog), with support for 3rd-party products using standard SNMP protocols, providing full end-to-end visibility and ease of management for administrators.