Fiber is no longer the only option for reaching gigabit link speed. Wireless technology has rapidly evolved to "wireless fiber" status with “fiber-like” gigabit wireless bridges and access points with low latency and long range, at what can be a fraction of the cost of trenching fiber. Wireless Fiber is ideal for dense deployments in residential neighborhoods and MDUs, as well as for carrier backhaul, building-to-building enterprise use, or public safety applications.
Key Advantages of Wireless Fiber PTP/PTMP include reductions in:
- Cost, time, and crew required for installation
- Truck rolls related to fiber optic damage from utilities and other companies digging in the coverage area
- Wait time to realize ROI
- Customer wait time for service availability
- Security required (only ends need to be secured)
- Digging or destruction of the environment
Wireless Fiber PTP +PTMP Network Diagram - A gigabit wireless bridge is used for point-to-point backhaul, where the access point then transmits the internet signal from the end of the bridge down to residential and/or commercial CPEs.
|Model||Capacity||5Ghz radio||60Ghz antenna||5Ghz antenna|
|MetroLinq™ 60-30-18 Sector PTMP BS /MiniPTP||1 Gbps||YES||18dBi||14dBi|
|MetroLinq™ 60-35 PTP/Client||1 Gbps||YES||42dBi||22dBi|
|MetroLinq™ 60-19 PTP/Client||1 Gbps||YES||38dBi||16dBi|
|MetroLinq™ 2.5G 60-35 PTP/Client||2.5 Gbps||YES||42dBi||22dBi|
|MetroLinq™ 2.5G 60-19 PTP/Client||2.5 Gbps||YES||38dBi||16dBi|
1. ICC-Bracket-LR - Long Range Mounting Bracket for Metrolinq unit.
This IgniteNet bracket tool is designed to maximize the distance of your MetroLinq radio, and its offset design allows you to fit more radios on your tower. Can be used with MetroLinq products, including; ML-60-35, and ML-60-19
Metrolinq with ICC-Bracket-LR
2. ICC-Scope-9x50 - Alignment Scope for Metrolinq